Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Jan 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Where can I find a loan or grant for the disabled?
    Does anyone know where I could turn to get a grant, so that I won't become homeless? I am already on disability, but can hardly survive, due to dept occurred while waiting on disability money to be approved. HELP (I am a legal immigrant that worked for over 25 years in the US, waiting to be approved for citizenship. I have ALWAYS paid my taxes.)
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 15, 2008, 04:29 PM
    What state do you live in?
    -

Jan 15, 2008, 07:12 PM
    I'll look into it and give you some suggestions now that I know what state you live in. Keep your chin up, there's a lot of different resources out there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 08:11 PM
    GA has section 8 housing, food stamps, welfare. Depends on what part of the boonies, but there are a lot of church groups that offer various assistance. I will assume you have been to the county social services and applied for all of the state aid.
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Try this organization:

Concerted Services

I'm not sure if you are in one of their service areas, but check on their website. As a helpful note for you or anyone searching for individual grants... it is hard to find these. Even if a foundation does make grants to individuals, they usually have a nonprofit organization handle the money on behalf of the individual to make sure it goes toward the intended purpose.

Your time is much better spent contacting the nonprofit organizations in your immediate area. They can help you - that's what they are there for :)

Take care!
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 03:45 PM
    I'll continue to look as I have not had much time today to look into this for you. However, I use this site when I need to look something up and find it helpful. These women have compiled a bunch of resources for you. You just click on the link on the right of their site, to the state you live in. It will then list numerous resources.

Here is the site...

Disabled

I will continue to look into it, but until then start there and I hope it helps.
    iluvky Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LifePaparazzi
    Does anyone know where I could turn to get a grant, so that I won't become homeless? I am already on disability, but can hardly survive, due to dept occurred while waiting on disability money to be approved. HELP (I am a legal immigrant that worked for over 25 years in the US, waiting to be approved for citizenship. I have ALWAYS paid my taxes.)
    I know exactly how you feel. I too am disabled and am living the hard life. I am having my youngest start college in Aug and she will get financial assistance, but where do I get more? There has to be more out there for the children of handicap parents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home improvement grant for a disabled individual [ 3 Answers ]

Need to know if there are grants available to disabled individuals to remodel the home such as interior painting, taking off paneling and replacing it so it can be painted, putting in a bathroom vanity, new kitchen floor, remodeling kitchen cabinets, putting in new carpet and finishing a garage...

Can I get a grant if I am disabled [ 6 Answers ]

Can I get a grant if I am disabled money to help me for bills

Is there any free way to find out how to get a grant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Brian Dalton and I have looked all over the place to find a site that can tell me exactly how to apply for a grant so that I can start my own homw business without having to pay 24.99 for a cd or book or anything of that nature.can someone please help.Thank you kindly.

View more questions Search