Need to know if there are grants available to disabled individuals to remodel the home such as interior painting, taking off paneling and replacing it so it can be painted, putting in a bathroom vanity, new kitchen floor, remodeling kitchen cabinets, putting in new carpet and finishing a garage that has been enclosed to make for another room. The house is over 50 years old. The individual is on SSDI, SSI, as well as AD. It also needs to be painted outside as well. If there are grant available, would be interested in knowing which are not "scams." Have read that about 90% are scams and do not want to become involved with them should they be.
Thanks for your help.