Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    davelubis's Avatar
    davelubis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 16, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Can a felon get a grant to go to school?
    I'm rather new to the site so bear with me.. I am a convicted felon still on probation and due to my charges jobs aren't really to keen on hiring... at least good jobs anyway.. all I'm trying to do is straighten up my life and go to school I am 21 and have no post high school education.. I was just wanting to know if there is anyway of getting a grant from the government so I can go to college?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7691

    Apr 16, 2008, 06:30 PM
    In some cases yes, The best you can do is apply and apply and apply and try and see what you can get. I am glad to see you trying to make something better in your life. Good luck
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Apr 18, 2008, 01:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grants
    I have send you a private message
    It's really best to let questions and answers remain on the public boards so that others can also benefit by the answers that have been given. Answering questions in private messages defeats the purpose of this site, and that would be to have a community with questions and answers that anyone can view for the benefit of all.
    mdmcclinton1998's Avatar
    mdmcclinton1998 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 22, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    No because she or he never specify any facts to back her or his statement, further more there are grants an aids out there.One the pell grant, garrantee af long as you have never receive a drug charge while on a federal grant.some drugcharges specify
    nappycut76's Avatar
    nappycut76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 12, 2009, 11:29 AM

    Yes you can. I am a convicted felon and went on to obtain grants for college. However it all depends on what college and state offers them. It would be best to check with you local colleges or universities. You can also check with your local urban league. Wish you well with your success in the future
    inservice's Avatar
    inservice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 23, 2011, 10:59 PM
    This is the first place to go. This is the US Government website where you get started and has a lot of questions about student aid answered. This site also has the FAFSA application that all accredited schools use to calculate your financial need and hence, awards you may qualify for. The school you select should be on the list of schools on this site. If it is not, then I would stay away from it. Your college will take the FAFSA to determine what type of aid is available for you based on your situation (need based primarily). Every state has variations and schools too.
    thangthang's Avatar
    thangthang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Mar 31, 2015, 08:35 PM
    Is there a website that I can go to for felons to get a grant for can you apply for a grant while you're in prison
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,303, Reputation: 7691

    Mar 31, 2015, 08:57 PM
    7 year old question, closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grant for a convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

I was looking for a grant of some sort so that I can attend Arizona State University's school of Architecture. Please get back to me with an answer. Thanks

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Does anyone know how to get a grant for a high school student. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to send my daughter and perhaps my son to a private christian school. If there are grants out there for high school students to get, then I would definitely like to take advantage of that for both of my high school students. Toija1972

G E D school grant [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a grant for a ged, online and how

View more questions Search