Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ally13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2008, 11:56 AM
    What are my chances?
    So my boyfriend and I had sex about five weeks ago and he had a condom on. I am not on any birth control. I have had one period since then and now my period is 8 days late so naturally I'm wondering what's up. I haven't had any signs of my period either. I'm not super stressed out, nothing has changed and I'm just wondering what are my chances of being pregnant? It seems damn near impossible to me but maybe I'm wrong.
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Mar 25, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Have you had sex since the period?

Mar 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
    No I haven't
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Mar 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I'm not a doctor, but it seems damn near impossible to me, too.

I found this, though:

Can I get pregnant during my period?

Yes, but it's very unlikely. Women do not ovulate during their period. However, eggs may live for 2 days and sperm may live for 5-7 days inside a woman's body. They could finally meet up during menstruation, but it's rare.

Sounds like you would have had to ovulate within two days of the period, have sex during that time, the egg not quite make it out before the period started and the egg is fertilized pretty much during the period... and the condom would have had to fail. Sound like long odds to me.

My guess is you are just irregular. Do you usually pay close attention to your cycle or are you more aware because you had sex?

Mar 26, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I do normally keep a close eye on it.lol It always right on time unless it's early. So that's why I'm wondering what is going on. The waiting game kind of sucks. Not that I miss it or anything, but it would be nice if it showed up sometime in the very near future! Got to love the female body. Lol Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Second Chances. [ 38 Answers ]

Hi all, I was wondering if we can tell stories about our experiences with giving your partner a 'second chance'. What made you decide to give it a second chance. How it went. Did it work out the second time around. And finally... Would you do it again?

What are the chances [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I just wanted to put my story out and see what are the chances that my girlfriend is pregnant or not. She's been on the pill for several months and we use condoms too. However, recently there have been a couple times where we did not use condoms and I pulled out, although I know its possible...

View more questions Search