Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    rsteele799's Avatar
    rsteele799 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 7, 2004, 06:45 PM
    Regriping golf clubs
    What is the fluid used on the grip tape to lubricate the grip as you slide it on the shaft. I heard it's Naptha, if that's true can I buy it at a paint store?
    JCinSC's Avatar
    JCinSC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Feb 6, 2005, 06:22 PM
    Golf Club Regripping
    I have regripped many golf clubs and always use PAINT THINNER to pour over the two-sided tape used to adhere to the shaft to the grip.

    What I have often done is insert a golf tee into the butt end of the grip, then pour a small amount of paint thinner into the open end of the grip. Place your thumb over the open end and shake the grip to distribute the thiner throughout the grip. Then, pour the remainder over the tape which has already been applied to the shaft. Remove the tee from grip end. The grip shold now slide onto the shaft. Now, position the grip into the proper orientation in relation to the clubface and you are set. Let grip dry for 12-24 hours and you are ready for play!

    Note: If you prefer a larger or bulkier grip, wrap several layers of two-sided tape onto the shaft until desired thickness is realized.

    billm65's Avatar
    billm65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 3, 2005, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteele799
    what is the fluid used on the grip tape to lubricate the grip as you slide it on the shaft. I heard it's Naptha, if thats true can i buy it at a paint store?
    When I worked in a Pro shop we always used lighter fluid. It was cheaper to buy by the large can than the grip fluid the shops sold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strip Clubs... [ 12 Answers ]

What songs are mostly played at strip clubs. Like what are the titles?:D

Regripping clubs [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use any kind of double sided tape to regrip a club? Thanks

Ram and Tommy Armour Clubs [ 1 Answers ]

I am confused about Ram golf clubs. I have seen the Ram brand name with the Tommy Armour name. My question is "Does Tommy Armour make Ram Golf clubs? Are the two brand names attached to each other in any way?"

Golf clubs (regriping) [ 1 Answers ]

When you regrip a golf club, How do you make the grip larger to fit you hand? BOB H

View more questions Search