Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    niojade's Avatar
    niojade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 29, 2013, 04:46 PM
    My kid is in GATE but its still not challenging enough. Where can I get my kid tested
    Hi my name is jennifer,
    My child is in fifth grade, and is in the GATE program. But its not challenging enough for him. He is always complaining that the other students never understand him, and he wants to learn college assignments instead. Please please help me. I don't know what to do or where to get his IQ tested. And the school district isn't really helping me at all.

    My email. Is <removed for privacy>
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 29, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Really getting his IQ tested is not going to do or be any help with government (public) schools. Assuming that is where he is at.

    Firs the school will have their own rules as to advancement. And how he is testing on their standardized testing. Has he learned all the needed classes for high school, could he take for example the CAT or other standard test ( in the US) and score high on it.

    While school needs to be challenging, it also has a lot to do with social and interaction skills. What other activities besides school is he in, sports, clubs, outside activities.

    Many parents have to look into private schools, or even home schooling in the event their child does not fit into one of the progams that schools offer
    teacherjenn4's Avatar
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

    Feb 16, 2013, 06:16 PM
    What state are you in? When you say the school district isn't helpful, what have you asked them to do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants to take my kid to Ohio and leave ? How can I keep custidy of my kid [ 13 Answers ]

I live in Florida and my girlfriend keeps threatening to take our son and leave me to go back to Ohio. How can I stop her from taking my child out of state? What are my rights?

Movie about a kid in a can, an instant kid. [ 2 Answers ]

This was a family movie. I don't remember it very well, but there was this child, maybe a robot child and the woman opened up a can and there he was. It was not animated. I remember liking it and thought my kids would like it. Anybody know what it is?

His Kid vs. Your Kid [ 21 Answers ]

View more questions Search