Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shahzaty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Effects of deforestation on drainage basin system?
    How deforestation could effects the drainage basin system? Please answer me.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 06:05 AM
    We usually don't answer homework questions, as this appears to be but your topic is close to my heart and a situation that should be addressed.

Planting trees not only enables clean air, as you probably know, being the astute student you are, but the root system of any tree, allows the earth to stay put. That's why they plant trees on hillsides that they want to maintain, to keep the earth from washing away. Farmers have followed this system for hundreds of years as a way of cultivating planting areas, hills or no hills.

Therefore, to answer your question, no trees, water drains away and takes valuable topsoil with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home's inside drainage system all linked? [ 1 Answers ]

Does your homes drainage system interconnect all together? I thought that my shower was leaking into my ceiling, so I stopped using it for two days to make sure. This morning I used my bathroom sink that is in the same bathroom the suspected shower that leaks. After using the sink, I went...

Remodeling a bathroom, do I need to replace the drainage system? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one bath row home in Baltimore. Currently, my tub drains very poorly. The toilet appears to drain okay, so I'm thinking the blockage is in the shower drain somewhere. I will be adding a clothes washer and dish washer to the equation. I am replacing the tub with a corner shower unit and...

Basement drainage system [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm designing a club in which I'm designing a gym in the basement with sauna bath &massage tub, so anyone can help me & suggest me sump/drainage system detail for the basementor can send me the related data. Thanking u Waiting 4 early response vinniupmanu

View more questions Search