Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    yurcek's Avatar
    yurcek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 29, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Trying to return a family heirloom
    I am trying to find a family member of a local dentist (long deceased) to return a Dental Certificate to the family. I found the certificate among some of my Grandfathers items when we sold the family home. I had found the license logged in the state of Iowa Dental Board records, but the dental school he attended has been closed for a long time. He also practiced in my hometown of Sherburn, MN for years, but there are now family members in the area that I am aware. His second wife used to babysit me, but she was quite younger then him and they dd not have any kids between them. The dentist name was C.C. McFadden.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Oct 29, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Hi, yurcek!

    Do you mean that you've already been to a website where you found a record of the license, please?

    yurcek's Avatar
    yurcek Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 29, 2009, 04:28 PM
    No, I stopped into the Iowa Dental Board office and they found the record of the license in one of their books. It did not list his hometown though. The dental school was in Ottumwa, Iowa. I believe that he graduated in the 20's. He practiced in Sherburn, MN. I am not sure if either of these states was his home state though.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Oct 29, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Hi again, yurcek!

    So, did you ask them about any other records that they might have about him? Where you went would appear to be the correct place to start with finding out that information.

    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Oct 29, 2009, 06:02 PM

    I looked and found 144 people in MN with that last name.

    Perhaps just a name search and just start calling and asking them if they are related.
    Dondea's Avatar
    Dondea Posts: 14, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 26, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Go to AND and go the surname message board. Register (it's free) and then post the information you have from the death certificate on the specific surname website. Many times, you will not be able to locate a relative from the phone book who is interested in genealogy. However, by posting the information on the message board, IF one of the descendants is looking there, they will see your post and most likely get in touch with you.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filling IT return jointly when wife family not here [ 1 Answers ]

I am on H1B came to US in Feb 2008, wife joined me in Mar 2008. My daughter born on July, now my wife and kid are planning to leave to India in Dec 4th. My wife has her SSN.(she got that when she came to US in 2005) Will I get the IT return benefits of filiing jointly also the stimulus payments?

Single family to 2 family electrical service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, first time posting to this site. I am changing an existing 200 amp service to a 2 meter service. Presently, the home added an apartment above the garage with its own 100 amp panel. The panel is served by a 100 amp breaker in the main panel. The homeowner wants to separately meter the...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

How to file tax return when other family members are not having SSN [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings of the day!! My name is Deepak Sahni and I am a foreigner to USA.

How I can fill tax return wihtout my wife ITIN # and show her at my tax return [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a h1 visa holder living New York and my wife joined with me she has h4 visa When I fill this year tax return I want to get benefit how I can get ITIN # for her Yes I know about W-7 form but it's very confision Give me some info please step by step Thanks

View more questions Search