Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Roots
    I have read answers about roots in sewer lines, and adding various chemicals that can help kill the roots.

What about the field lines in a septic system,

If chemicals are added into the line at the house, they will only "dump" into the septic. Will adding enough of this ever get into the actual field lines, are there other ideas how to do that.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 30, 2006, 04:15 PM
    You are correct Chuck, Good question!

Dumping root killer down your toilet only takes csre of the roots in the sewer line from the tank to the house.
    For roots in the filter bed/drain field you must locate the exit point of the septic tank. There you will find a manifold that directs the liquid output to the different branches. That's where you have to insert the root killer.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My roots won't bleach! [ 2 Answers ]

I have very light bleached hair from dark brown, I got it that light from going to the salon a couple times and paying around $70-$90 per visit. Now I'm really broke and can't afford salon visits anymore, but I still want to keep my hair this light. I've tried a couple of the lightest blondes from...

Dying roots? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am asking this for a friend but she dyed her brown hair blonde but the roots are starting to show. How should she redo her roots? Should she just put hair dye on the top? Or can she just put hairdye on her whold head ? She is afraid that if she just does the roots she will miss some and get...

Maple Roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have this maple in my front yard and a lot of the roots are growing above ground and spreading across my lawn. I was thinking of putting a load of top soil and planting some ivy on top. Any feedback or suggestions? Its getting real hard to mow what little grass that does grow. Ampman

Square roots [ 5 Answers ]

:'(hi sir, My name is arinderpal singh matharu. Sir I have a test tomorrow and I wish if you can help me because I don't know how to find a square root of any number in mathametics way without using a calulator . I there is any easy formula to do this or any way please reply me as soon a you...

Plant Roots [ 1 Answers ]

Distinguish between primary and secondary growth in roots.

View more questions Search