Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nasar Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2007, 02:49 AM
    Tree & fruit
    Tree is to be recognised through fruit. What is the intention behind this bible remarks.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 24, 2007, 03:52 AM
    The tree = people

Fruit = behavior.

In the same way that we can identify a tree by the fruit it gives, we can identify people as either good or bad by their behavior. The intention is to have us apreciate that behavior is important for Christians since it can affect our status before God.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

May 24, 2007, 05:54 AM
    I agree and will add that we are often pruned by tragedy and temptations so that we can produce more and better fruit.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

May 24, 2007, 06:31 AM
    I agree with the first part of starman's post. It isn't about good and bad behavior though. As a Christian we are given the fruits of the Holy Spirit... love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. IF one is a Christian, they should be displaying those traits or "fruit" in their lives. If you live in the flesh, you will act fleshly, if you live in the Spirit you won't. IF one is a Chirstian, your status before God is secure, through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross no matter how you act. Having said that, the Lord can make you pretty miserable until you get back living the fruits of the Spirit.
    PortalWriter Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

May 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
    I will also add something.

A tree that has good roots, bears good fruit. We must also have good roots. Roots are just where you "plant" yourself in life.

The Bible tells us to be rooted to two things, Christ and His Body(meaning the church, or the Family of Christian Believers)

You can tell when A Christian is well rooted because he or she begins to exibit the Fruits of the Spirit that Tessy777 mentioned.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 24, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Jesus clearly tells us what the consequences are if we wilfully choose a life of sin.

Luke 3:9
    And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

In his post-ressurection Revelation to John he again tells us that sinful behaviore canlead to losing out on life.

Revelation 22

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Here is more information on the consequences of producing bad fruit.

Eternal Security is FALSE (once saved always saved, perseverance of the saints)
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

May 24, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Starman... I'm not going to debate you on this issue. I think you are DEAD wrong... you will think I am wrong. Here is the thing... IF you are saved... look me up in heaven. I'm not above saying I told you so. In the mean time, keep working and trying your hardest to keep your salvation. (it is an arrogant thought... if you think about it.)

Lacey-
    Read what I said... it is arrogant to think that YOU or anyone can work hard at keeping themselves saved. What part of my statement did I say obedience is arrogant? I didn't. I said keeping yourself saved by good works is arrogant. If we could have KEPT the commandments of God... we wouldn't need a savior. Either HE finsihed the work or HE didn't. That is my point. And yes, working and trying to keep your own salvation is extremely arrogant and a slap in the face of the Lord Jesus.
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2007, 08:44 AM
    I take it as the tree is the Earth, it is the life we are given. We are the precious fruits of this fine creation. If we sin and taint our souls and denounce God, then we are to be cut down as rightfully so. With an unpure heart, we are equal to bad fruit which we cannot eat.
    nasar Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Good answer, there is a need to matching the religious principles with our own commonsense, more than just to swallow. Here the answer is very good and right. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fruit classification [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to understand how works the classification of fruits in stone fruit, nut and all these other kinds of fruits. What are the criterions which make i.e. the litchi a nut an the walnut a stone fruit ? If somebody could help me to understand the hole system (maybe the are explaining texts...

Fruit flies [ 1 Answers ]

In my apt. How do do kill them pemanently. Got rid of them once some how , bought 3 bananas and they're back. Tried flying insect spray and now into hair spray to avoid my toxicity.

Free Genealogy & Family Tree Resources, Help, Tips & Advice [ 5 Answers ]

Below are some helps on finding and documenting your family history. Review them for some good ways to find information yourself. Of course, you're also welcome and encouraged to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Genealogy" button at the top of the...

Lawn & tree questions for y'all. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi this is my very first time in here... and I do have some questions. Let me fill you in a little on the yard. It is 5 acres, and we mow every bit of it. There has never been a dwelling of any kind here, it has always been pasture. And there are many full grown mature trees. A lot of these...

Fruit Smoothies [ 1 Answers ]

How nutritious is it to incorporate fruit smoothies in my diet? I have a sensible diet plan, by which I've lost 43 lbs (and have kept it off for well over a year now), and a great exercise program that has facilitated my progess. So, I need no advise along those lines. It's just that sometimes...

View more questions Search