Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KYgirl19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Nuisance and destruction
    I really need some advice because I am having quite a problem that is really irritating me. I moved into my apartment in June of last year. When I moved in my next door neighbors came over to introduce themselves. They were really nice and had three children. They have lived here for four years and told us a little about the neighborhood. Soon after we got moved in their little girls ages 3 and 4 started to come over all of the time. They would knock and knock until I let them in. They came over almost everyday. If my door were unlocked they would def. walk in. It got to the point of being so irritating that I got people to lie to them when they came to the door. I am a college student and I was always doing my homework or tired from work. This isn't the whole story though. Me and my neighbors have two parking spots a piece. We would park in each others spots but was never a big deal since they are side by side. Then one day they said that if we didn't move our vehicle out of their spot they were getting in towed. Well they called the police and said they were moving! That's right all over a parking spot. Well unfortunately they never moved. Well like four months went by and we never spoke a word and their children stopped coming over. Until about a week ago I let my new plants outside to get some sun. The two girls picked up my plant and knocked all of the soil out. After this I posted a sign that said please don't touch my plants thank you. They never touched my plants again until today. Yesterday I just planted two pots of flowers. I also watered them and had my water can which contained miracle grow outside in the sun. Then all of a sudden they start knocking at my door in the morning but I ignored the knocks although they knew I was in the house because I don't want anymore trouble with their parents over petty things. They didn't stop knocking and later came to the front door which was unlocked and they walked in. I told them that they shouldn't walk in my house like that and told them they had to leave. Their mother was not watching them and they definitely don't know me well. For all they know I could be a sex offender or drug addict. Later I left my house and when I returned I found that my plants were saturated with water and soil was all over my porch and little finger prints were on the pot. Also the bulbs (seeds) from my flowers were thrown out. The mother was notified and she replied that she was outside with the girls all day and they did not do that. I know this is a lie because all of their chalk was on my porch and they are the only kids that play out there. I feel that I am being disrespected and my plants are being destroyed. Most of all those little girls are not being supervised properly which could result in their death if they walk in the wrong house. I don't know who else they do this to. I definitely need some advice on what to do about this situation. Thank you
    lubster Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

May 14, 2007, 02:44 AM
    1. Notifly your landlord of the problem.
    2. Call Child protection services
    3. Send a bill for damages
    4. Take her to court
    5. This should have been first, write her a letter letting her know that her children trespass and enter your property without permission that they have destroyed your property and tell her of the consicences of her not watching her children and of the amount of damage they have caused. If this doesn't stop her do the above.
    Sorry you have a crappy neighbor, but if you don't stand your ground she will walk all over you. Anyone who allows their children to run around unsupervised has a screw loose.
    6. Do not plant or put personal items outside.
    7. Move

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bootup nuisance message [ 3 Answers ]

1.Installed a new (bigger) hard drive on my XP home computer as the secondary HD. 2. Cloned it from the original C drive. 3. Removed the original drive. 4. re-connected the new drive as primary. Most every thing works OK EXCEPT that on bootup, a command 'window' shows, "Please select the...

Nuisance Neighbours [ 9 Answers ]

When I first moved here in May 2002 I was approached by my neighbour. Rather than welcome me into the neighbourhood she started laying down the law to me about the grass area at the front of the house. I found that to be quite unwelcoming then, as I was still moving in and was not quite settled...

View more questions Search