Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    higgins11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
    John deere riding mower 176xl won't start
    My mower starts once in awhile but when it doesn't the battery light comes on and nothing cranks... I get nothing. If I put a battery charger on it, then I get NOTHING at all, not even a battery light, and then it takes about 20 minutes to get the battery light back after removing the charger... what the heck is going on?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Hi,
    Your LX176 has a Kawasaki FC420V engine that utilizes a solenoid attached directly to it. They are prone to bad connections with age. What happens if wou try repeatedly turning the switch on and to start? There is a low voltage kit that may temporarily solve your woes. It is an AM107421. The solenoid is close to $100 by itself and the whole starter will exceed $300.
    Also make sure your battery connections are clean as your first chore.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere GT 225 Riding mower won't start. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a JD GT 225 about 4 years old. It had been working and then when I came back to it a week later it would not start. I replaced the fuel filter and I am getting gas past it. If I pump the throttle to long I can smell gas. I removed the spark plug and it was slightly wet. Grounding the spark...

John Deere riding lawn mower won't start? [ 2 Answers ]

My John Deere riding lawn mower LA100 will not start? I have replaced the starter, solenoid, relay switch, ignition switch, placed a new battery on and all it does is click in the solenoid.

John Deere riding mower 110 - won't start [ 0 Answers ]

1) I just purchased a John Deere 110 riding mower... when trying to start it the engine turns but won't catch... I've read the manual and pretty certain I've got everything set properly.. What am I missing! 2) Can you jump start if battery dies?

John Deere X500 Riding Mower will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Background: Operated mower for a couple hours and washed it after it had cooled. Then I started unit and moved into sun to dry. Symptom: After a couple hours of drying I tried to start the unit. The starter engaged momentarily and then the unit shut down - now it will not engage. Voltage is...

John Deere Riding Mower LT166.won't start! [ 2 Answers ]

It has a brand new battery... new fuel filter since old one was all sludge filled... Husband says it doesn't seem to be getting any gas... can't find any cracks in hoses Any suggestions?

View more questions Search