Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelindaFL2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Weeping Cherry Tree by Ran Su
    I am trying to find out if this piece of artwork by Ran Su has any value. The label on the back of the piece states: House of Ran Su, Elmhurst, NY; it is titled "Weeping Cherry Tree" with the number 248 next to it. It also has the number 15168 at the top of the label. The front of the piece is signed RanSu.

Thank you.

MelindaFL2
    lsmith9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 08:20 AM
    I have a piece from Rn Su also. I have no info on the value of it. Did you find anything about this artist?
    rfrazier8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
    I have a piece of art The Trojans made at The House of Ran Su in Elmhurst NY. Any way of identifying the value of the piece? Or how to contact someone from the House of Ran Su?
    Thanks
    rfrazier8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MelindaFL2
    I am trying to find out if this piece of artwork by Ran Su has any value. The label on the back of the piece states: House of Ran Su, Elmhurst, NY; it is titled "Weeping Cherry Tree" with the number 248 next to it. It also has the number 15168 at the top of the label. The front of the piece is signed RanSu.

Thank you.

MelindaFL2
    I have a piece of art The Trojans made at The House of Ran Su in Elmhurst NY. Any way of identifying the value of the piece? Or how to contact someone from the House of Ran Su?
    Thanks
    RanWiz Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2009, 12:22 PM

My parents lived in Elmhurst in the '60's... and picked up a RanSu (African)... which hung in our playroom when I was a kid. I found a second RanSu at a yard sale = $5. Think they have little serious art value - no collectors, and no presence in the art world that I can locate.
    However - I love the style... and would consider the possibility of buying yours - Send a photo over to me: [email protected] - I can upload a photo of mine if anyone asks. Thanks.
    magic55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 09:00 PM
    I have three large wall pictures by ran su and I too cannot find a value on them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cherry juice [ 7 Answers ]

I've heard good things about pure cherry juice. I've heard that it can cure headaches and a friend of mine says that her boyfriend swears by it he will usually drink a glass mixed with water once in the morning and once at night and he doesn't have the usual aches and pains anymore from his...

Weeping tile [ 2 Answers ]

First of all let me say that the info received from this web site has been excellent--too bad we do not have the experienced experts available on line up here ( Saskatchewan Canada) that one could log on to and ask. The House I am in, is what would be defined as an old timer. Half basement that...

Cherry cabinets developing blemishes [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - About 18 months ago I installed new semi-custom cabinets in my kitchen. Just yesterday I noticed that the rings of the cherry are starting to turn very black. Even worse, blackish blemishes have formed on a couple of the cabinets, approximately 2" by 1/2" long. To the touch, it's...

Ornamental Cherry tree growing on one side only [ 4 Answers ]

I have an ornamental cherry tree that I purchased about 2 years ago and planted. When I got it I could see that one side of the main trunk didn't have any branches but figured it would fill out. Now, 2 years later, it's about 8 feet tall and still no growth on the one side. Any ideas?

View more questions Search