Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhloescher Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Iris flowers foliage browning
    The leaves of my bearded iris are turning brown. This has ot happened in the past and there is no indication of iris bore. Anyone out there have an answer? Dl
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jun 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Hi! dhloescher, and Welcome to AMHD :)

The iris borer isn't the only insect that can affect Iris's.

Thrips -(larvae are tiny white pests) expose the plant to a fungal infection causing stunted growth, distorted flowers.
    The bulb type of iris can also get bulb mites -leaves stunted/deformed and flowers disfigured or none.
    Beetles, caterpillars, slugs can chew the flowers and foliage.
    If you had aphids you would see them sucking on the leaves.

But you might have Iris leaf spot caused by a fungus.

Usually starts with small, water soaked spots that grow to 1/2 inch long spots with brownish purple center and yellow margins.
    The fungus winters over on infected leaves and spreads to healthy leaves by splashed water.
    To help control this remove infected leaves in the fall and if you have a severe infection spray with a fungicide. As with all chem's, follow the label directions.

If you haven't divided them for 3 to 5 years, they're due.
    Has the drainage changed?

K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Browning shriveling plants [ 1 Answers ]

Why are all my hanging basket trailing plants all going brown round the edges thank you :confused:

Browning as a love poet [ 2 Answers ]

Write a note on Browning as a love poet

Pre-existing foliage on shared fence causes problems [ 5 Answers ]

When I purchased my home four years ago, there was existing, mature landscape. The following year we had an inground pool built and in doing so two of my three neighbors often communicated with us about what was working and what wasn't with the plants. The third neighbor never spoke to us. ...

Robert browning as a victorian poet [ 1 Answers ]

Plzzzz could anyone tell me about robert browning as a victorian poet!:confused:

View more questions Search