Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jade0478 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
    My oldest son is wanting to move to his fathers' and I don't think it is a good idea.
    My ex-husband has not been around for the last two years, until the last three months, since his own brothers wedding. I started by letting the 13 and 15 year old boys go with their father everyother weekend because I believed that they were old enough to know between good and bad. I have always encouraged them to love their father and told them that he will come around soon. Now that I have changed it legally, so my ex can have over night visits, since the judge took them away because of endangerment and inappropriate touching from one of his new wife's children. I know that I did encourage this meeting to take place but I am not convinced that it is a good idea to up and move after only three months. I would like him to finish out his school days here with me. My ex did ask to have the boys for 7/4/08 and my youngest went, while the older boy went to his grandparents. I ended up with a phone call from my son crying because his father took off gambling with his wife.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 04:00 PM
    You are the parent, what they "want" is of no consequence here.

You have to do what you think is best for your children.

It's not easy, but you have to be more of a parent than a well liked friend.

The right thing to do, is rarely the easy thing to do.
    Jade0478 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Thank you! I just didn't think it would hurt so much!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 04:23 PM
    I agree.

But, the pain you endure now, is nothing compared to the anguish you would endure if you make a decision that goes against what you know is right, and it causes pain or damage to your child.

Most of what I hated my parents for when I was a teen, are the things I thank God that they did for me now.

Endure the pain for now, so you can reap the benefits when they are healthy, happy, well adjusted adults, later.

Wishing you the best!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to move to UK [ 1 Answers ]

Am from UK but family moved away when I was 11. Looking to go back. I am in the process of finishing my bachelor of health and physical education and was wondering if anyone knew any helpful hints or websites that contain a checklist on moving out of the country! Thanks.

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Is this a good idea? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the situation in a nutshell, some of you may have actually read some of the first posts months ago, but for those who haven't: About 6 months ago there was this guy who I saw working at a store near my house, our eyes meet and bam! I was struck, so to speak, and I think he was too,...

Wanting to move after a divorce? [ 5 Answers ]

Recently I got divorced from someone that was verbally and mentally abusive. We have a child together that is not in school yet. I would love for our child to still maintain a relationship with ex-husband but I also want to move to another state. I want to better our life by starting in another...

View more questions Search