Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JonB599 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Parental Rights
    I am paying child support for a child that I never see and have not had a paternity test to prove fatherhood. The mother named the child after another man that she previously had two children with and states that he is the real father, however, the courts are saying I owe her $11,000.00 per year of which I do not even make. I have filed an appeal, but it is being ignored by the court system. What can I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Well obviously you did not appear in court when you were originally served to fight anything and she got everything she asked for.

So you have to hire an attorney, see if you can get a DNA test to prove or disprove who the father is, and have our income used to determine what your support should be.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2008, 07:32 PM
    How was a support order entered if you did not acknowledge paterntity? Something doesn't sound right here. Either you were scammed or you did not propelry defend yourself. So now you need an attorney to get you out of this mess.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    How was a support order entered if you did not acknowledge paterntity? Something doesn't sound right here. Either you were scammed or you did not propelry defend yourself. So now you need an attorney to get you out of this mess.

Makes no sense to me. Something is left out here -
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Darnit! I cannot answer you if I do not know how your child support order was established and which state has the jurisdiction.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB599
    I am paying child support for a child that I never see and have not had a paternity test to prove fatherhood. The mother named the child after another man that she previously had two children with and states that he is the real father, however, the courts are saying I owe her $11,000.00 per year of which I do not even make. I have filed an appeal, but it is being ignored by the court system. What can I do?
    From the osunds of it you might have missed the deadline for an appeal. You need to start an action on your own and fresh. And if your suppose to show up you do it without any excuses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

My son was just told that he could not give up parental rights. He made it -- He pays for it was the Judges words. Can he fight this with a lawyer?

Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know are you still obligated to pay child support in the state of Georgia if you would like to sign over all parental rights to the child.

Parental rights [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question about giving up parental rights. I am divorced for nearly 10 years now and my 2 oldest live with their father... in Colorado now I think. ( They move alot):mad: Anyway, for 2 years him and his new wife would constantly ask me to give up my rights so that she can adopt them. I...

Parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I am wondering if I give up my parental rights to my child if I still have to pay child support in the state of Missouri. Reason for asking is since my child's birth in 95 I have only seen him once on his third birthday and every time I find out where they live they move so I can never have...

View more questions Search