Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmk1961 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 12:26 PM
    Using Hampton Bay Wall Mount Universal Remote Control for multiple fans
    We would like to install 3 Hampton Bay outdoor ceiling fans/lights on our patio. We have used the Universal Wall Mount Remote for other fans inside the house and would like to use the same remote for the 3 fans outside. Does this Wall mount remote #191-707 control 3 fans/lights? The package contains one Transmitter T5 and on Receiver R1. If we purchased 2 more Receivers for the additional fans can we connect all 3 fans to the one Transmitter intalled on the wall
    Thanks for the help.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 10:11 PM

I am pretty sure you cannot, as it is only amperage rated for one fan, and the current does pass through the wall controller. Perhaps if you bought three receivers/transmitter kits, installed them all, and sent them all to the same frequency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay 191-707 Wall mount wireless remote [ 3 Answers ]

Purchased and installed Hampton Bay Fan and light kit along with wall mount wireless remote 191-707: When it got dark out I noticed that when the lights are off there is still a slight glow, flickering coming from the fluorescent light bulbs that were provided with the light kit. This was...

Wiring plan for Hampton Bay remote control ceilng fans [ 2 Answers ]

I need a wiring diagram for a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan with lights.

Hampton bay remote control for hampton bay fans [ 2 Answers ]

We cannot get the ceiling light to go off on our fan in the bed room. It would not go on and in the middle of the night is just came on by itself and we can not get it off Joanne Moreland

How do you connect a hampton bay wall remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to connect a ceiling fan wall remote, I have the old cloth wires and my remote connecters say not to connect the white neutral wire, the only wires I have are the two that are connected to the wall switch. Because they are covered in cloth they look the same.

Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Control Wall Unit [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering... I have purchased in the past about 3 "sets" of the Harbor Breeze Remote Control Wall Units where you have both a remote control that controls the light and/or ceiling fan, and also a wall unit (that you put in place of your regular light switch) that can also be used to operate...

View more questions Search