Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    fubarie's Avatar
    fubarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 25, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Legal support
    I'm not sure if his is the right forum for doing this but in short, I am asking for financial help.

    I am a UK resident that unfortunately at the moment finds myself with very limited funds due to a recent redundancy caused by the current recession.

    The help I ask for is for my partners benefit. She currently finds herself in a custody battle that has now been going on for nearly 3 years. Her ex husband having kidnapped their child after an argument, has falsely accused her of having an affair (while still together, the cause of the argument), being an alcoholic, carrying weapons, being mentally unstable, and has generally painted her as a unfit person to be a mother to their child. All these accusations have been proved to be lies through the courts, and the courts now have no issue with her having care of the child, and she does get to have access to him once a fortnight. However, due to the length of time the courts have taken, they have decided to leave residency in the hands of the father due to him playing the time game and saying that the child is settled into a routine.

    My partner is seeking full, or at least shared residency and would need approximately 500 to pursue the case, and I cannot provide the help I would like. Up until now, she has been granted legal aid, but the solicitors have just been trying to bring the case to a early closure without seeking a satisfactory result.

    If anybody could help in raising the funds needed to pursue this we would be eternally grateful. Any other help or advice would also be appreciated.
    NeedKarma's Avatar
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

    Sep 25, 2009, 07:11 AM
    For the courts to give custody of the children to the father there has to be a compelling reason since they usually side with the mother. Good luck but I doubt you'll get donations off the internet since everyone has a tight budget these days.
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

    Sep 25, 2009, 07:13 AM

    You're right - this is not the forum to request financial assistance (if that is what you are doing) and, in fact, solicitation is not allowed.

    No question that the mother is between a rock and a hard place but it appears she has free or reduced legal assistance now and she should stay with that.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,299, Reputation: 5646

    Sep 25, 2009, 07:13 AM
    As this is an international site, and has been mentioned that times are tough around the globe, I doubt you will find contributions here. I dare not even mention the scams that go around on the internet.

    Thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Ex-wife threatening legal action for child support but custody withheld [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 10 years and have 2 children together. He has a teenage daughter from his previous marriage. His ex-wife is also remarried and has no other children. Over the past 11 years that my husband and I have been together, his ex-wife has always used their daughter...

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Legal change in circumstance for child support increase [ 1 Answers ]

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this question. I want to seek an increase in child support, but my support was incorporated into my divorce and nothing was added regarding obtaining an increase in the future. Does anyone know what is a legal change in circumstance that would allow for an...

Legal & Financial Impact of I-864 (Affidavit of Support) [ 2 Answers ]

My husband's sister married a self-employed man who had resided in the States for about 6 years illegally. He had three or four previous marriages, all short term, no children, no sponsorship. He and my husband's sister have been married now for about two years and have one child. She is a...

View more questions Search