Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mwilliams4808's Avatar
    mwilliams4808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Aug 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Fund rasing
    I just started college. I was raised by a single mother who was only able to minimally help me with college tuition. I applied for every type of financial aid available but still have a hefty balance. My mother is really over extending herself trying to afford me the opportunity but it can't see our situation working in the long haul. My mother is really proud of me for making it this far because I have a learning disability. Is there a way for me to start a trust fund and do fundraisers to raise money for my own college education and then continue to raise money for a scholarship fund for others like me.
    Thank you for any advice
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
    I would advise first getting a job and helping to pay the costs. Are you going to a college close to home so you can live at home?

    But normally a fundraiser for yourself is not really a scholarship.
    Bocasean's Avatar
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20
    Junior Member

    Sep 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
    If you've exhausted the financial aid office at your school, try a Google search for federal and state grants for disabilities or low-income households.

    If that doesn't work, I'm hiring people to work from home for my fundraising company. Let me know if you want to give it a try. It's not for everybody, but I'll tell you exactly what you're getting into before you accept the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mutual Fund [ 2 Answers ]

What is Mutual Fund?

Cashflow and fund flow [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between fundflow and cashflow

Start a fund [ 5 Answers ]

How do you start a trust fund and where do you start? I have no ide where to begin!

501-c-7 fund raising [ 0 Answers ]

My social organization is a 501-c-7 tax exempt. We are going to hold a fund raiser and donate all the profit. Do we need any special permits?

Fund Flow Statement [ 0 Answers ]

hey this is no homwork or something... I just wantd to try to how to do this sum if anyone can help thanks a lot The following balance sheet of 2004 and 2005, prepare a statement showing movement in Working capital, Profit and Loss appropriation account and a statement showing the sources...

View more questions Search