Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    celxis's Avatar
    celxis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Dec 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
    Fund raising legalities
    I am doing a fund raising for the victims of a typhoon in the Philippines. My husband was born and raised in one of the many areas devastated by the typhoon. A lot of my friends willing to donate cash. Do I need to register in the state of Illinois. I'm only doing this for 1 week. What other legalities do I need to know or follow. I don't want to be in trouble. Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Dec 21, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Are you just doing this as a person, then you have issues that none of the money is tax deductable, you may have to account for the money and need to keep it in separate bank accounts than any personal money.

    Are you raising the money for some tax exempt charity and merely working on their behalf? If so you merely have to account for the money given and given to the charity.

    If you are not working for a specific charity, do you have a written plan on what is going to happen to the money raised.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fund Raising for a cause [ 1 Answers ]

My sister needs a liver transplant and doesn't have insurance. I would like to get some fund raisers in place to help. What are the legalities in this? We both live in Texas.

Fund raising [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my father is being sued in a large law suit, it may take years to go though the courts, We will never be able to pay or to afford legal fees I was wondering if there was a way to raise money by charity to help get our family from this difficult situation and prove my father's...

Fund raising for frhabbing homes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to start up an investment team to flip homes in allentoen area that's allentown pa , 18102. Im looking f or some onei kan partner with I'm will to look for the propertys and too gine 80% ownership buy in if I can raise the capital. Is there any way I can make this happen?? I need...

501-c-7 fund raising [ 0 Answers ]

My social organization is a 501-c-7 tax exempt. We are going to hold a fund raiser and donate all the profit. Do we need any special permits?

View more questions Search