Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Countrygurl29's Avatar
    Countrygurl29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 26, 2016, 09:06 PM
    How to relinquish my rights to a friend
    If someone's kids are in foster care can the mother relinquish her rights to someone before cps takes her rights
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646

    Oct 26, 2016, 10:49 PM
    Typically, if they are in foster care they will stay with the current foster parents if there is no approved family to take over care.

    The "friend" would have to undergo a rigorous background check.

    You do realize that terminating your rights, either willfully or forced by the court, is the first step in paving the way for your children to be adopted, right? That would mean you no longer have any rights to the children at all. None. You will only be bonded with them by blood, not by law.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 27, 2016, 02:54 AM
    If your friend is willing to foster or adopt your children, they have to apply to CPS. If the parents are willing that will help.
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Oct 27, 2016, 11:00 AM
    So much depends on your friend. If they think the application is part of an attempt to help you be with them when the court ordered them taken (neglect, crime, drugs) then they won't approve it.
    You don't have to 'relinquish your rights' in most cases. That's a separate issue.
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

    Oct 27, 2016, 02:21 PM
    Isn't there a father somewhere? What about his rights?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I am mother of 10 year old that has never met his bio-father. I have been married for 5 years now to someone else; who has assumed all parental responsibilities for my son - in fact, my son knows nothing of his bio-father (at choice of bio-father). My husband wants to adopt my son. Our child...

Relinquish my rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have full custody of my son and he became very abusive towards my wife and family so he went to live with his mother. While he was in her custody he got into a lot of trouble and we were told that if he came back to live with us and there was any problems that all we had to do was call the...

Relinquish rights [ 3 Answers ]

How do my daughter father give up his rights

Relinquish rights [ 2 Answers ]

How can I relinquish my rights as a parent and will I still have to pay child support

Relinquish rights [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a way to reliquish parental rights on a daughter that I do not see nor know. She is 3 years old and seen her once. I have my wages garnished by the state for child support because she receives the TANF assistance. I will never know my daughter. The mother now has a new husband. Can I...

View more questions Search