Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    J-C-H1234's Avatar
    J-C-H1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 28, 2017, 02:14 PM
    Can I put myself in care?
    Can I put myself into care?

    I am 16, and living at home. Okay so things at home are rubbish! Me and mum are constantly arguing, ever since I was younger both my parents have hit me, kicked me, thrown me etc. And recently as I've been in an abusive relationship with my boyfriend so social services have been involved, and my parents stopped hitting me. But now we're just constantly arguing over everything and anything, and I now get angry and violent towards mum. I cannot carry on like this, and cannot get a place of my own what shall I do?
    Curlyben's Avatar
    Curlyben Posts: 18,506, Reputation: 1860

    Apr 28, 2017, 02:27 PM
    Can I put myself into care? - NO!
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    Apr 28, 2017, 02:37 PM
    If social services is already involved then the whole thing is pretty much out of your hands. Violence though on your part will get you to juvvie rather than foster care. I hope you and your parents get help wherever you end up
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,812, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

    Apr 28, 2017, 03:05 PM
    Ask social services for family counseling so you and your parents can learn to talk with each other civilly.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Apr 28, 2017, 05:04 PM
    You can call social services and ask them to investigate your home. But you can not put yourself in to it.
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

    Apr 28, 2017, 08:58 PM
    The only thing you could possibly do is emancipate yourself. That would mean you living on your own and taking care of your own needs. In order to become emancipated you'd need to prove to the court that you can care for yourself financially. That means that you'd have to have a job while continuing to go to school. That job would have to pay for a place to live, food, bills, medical care, dental care, and everything else your parents normally pay for.

    It's not easy.

    You're 16, in two years you can move out. For now, get counseling, and stop adding to the situation by being physical with your parents, otherwise you might end up somewhere you really don't want to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put myself in care? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I've been thinking about wanting to be in a care home since I was little, about 8 or 9. I've always been unhappy at home and with my family. A lot has happened I'm my past and I try to put it behind me or not let it get to me but I can't seem to do that. My dad used to hit me and so did...

Can I be put into foster care, or do I just need to be put into a mental hospital? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 16 years old right now. I have had the worst life for the last 8 years. When I was little my mom married and my step-dad was really strict but I didn't care, then they got divorced when I was 8 and my mom took it really bad. She was out every night at bars and casinos she couldn't hold a job...

I want to get put into care? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 14 year old girl and I want to get put into care, for different reasons. But the mean reason is no one cares about me here, my sister or my brother don't speak to me anymore. They act as if I don't exist and my sister tells me all the time she can't wait till the day I die, which made me...

I want to be put into care [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I've been unhappy at home since I was really young, it doesn't feel like a home and we basically have to look after ourselves. My dad lives in dubai and sends money home to my mum to spend on our food and clothes. My mum has a really bad case of multiple sclerosis, and takes it out on...

View more questions Search