Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    kericanfield's Avatar
    kericanfield Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 24, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Football player positions
    Does anyone know what the official name or position of the player that holds the while for a kicker or punter?
    Thomas1970's Avatar
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131
    Senior Member

    Nov 24, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Hi Keri,
    The official name is a "Holder", though this player typically plays another position in the game as well:

    Hope this helps. Take care. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Football player positions [ 6 Answers ]

What is the position called for the football player who holds the ball for the kicker or punter?

Football [ 6 Answers ]

Who is the player to have played the most consecutive games in football history?

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

Player Positions [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know where I can go on the internet to get an explanation of what each position on the team is supposed to do and the names of each of the position. Sorry, but when I am watching a game, I would like to know what each particular player does.

View more questions Search