Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hodge913 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Hampton Bay pull chain
    I disconnected all 4 wires from the pull chain before writing down their configuration. I have 2- black wires, a red wire and a blue wire. My new pull switch is labeled L - 1 - 2- 3. Does anyone know the wiring configuration?:confused:
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2006, 02:20 PM
    No, that's why you have to write them down before you remove them.

You can always try contacting the manufacturer, or go down to Home Depot and have them open the box of an identical fan and compare wiring. But each model is different.

I will say this: "L" is most likely the black from the power supply. You can just try different combinations of the other 3 wires until you get "high-medium-low".

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2006, 02:20 PM
    No, that's why you have to write them down before you remove them.

You can always try contacting the manufacturer, or go down to Home Depot and have them open the box of an identical fan and compare wiring. But each model is different.

I will say this: "L" is most likely the black from the power supply. You can just try different combinations of the other 3 wires until you get "high-medium-low".

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php
    KennS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge913
    I disconnected all 4 wires from the pull chain before writing down their configuration. I have 2- black wires, a red wire and a blue wire. My new pull switch is labeled L - 1 - 2- 3. Does anyone know the wiring configuration?:confused:
    The Red wire connects to L... the Blue wire connects to 2 and black wires connect to 1 and 3. Not sure if it matters which black goes to 1 or 3. Don't see how it could since both are black By the way My fan is Harbor Breeze so if you have different manufacture then my solution may not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to repair a celing fan pull chain [ 3 Answers ]

The pull chain on my ceiling fan that turns the light on and off has come all the way out of the base of the fan. How can I fix this? I tried unscrewing the piece that the chain hung from, but saw no way to reattach a new pull chain.

Ceiling fan light pull chain replacement [ 5 Answers ]

Pull chain on the ceiling fan light broke off, so I pulled it down, and figured out what to buy, but at some point one of the two black wires going to it came loose, presumably out of a screw cap. Does it just go in the cap with the other black load wires (3 still together)? Do I understand...

Three way chain pull switches [ 6 Answers ]

I have (I believe) an old ceiling fan that has a three speed pull chain switch. The chain broke off inside the switch. The switch has four leads, purple, blue, pink (or flesh) and white. My problem is I can't find a switch that matches this configuration. I purchased a three way pull switch that...

Replacing a pull chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My new pull chain switch has (only) two black wires; how do I connect it to the ceiling wires (one black, one white, plus the ground wire)? Thank you! Willow

Pull Chain Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I turned off my power and went to the hardware store to purchase a replacement pull chain light switch for my ceiling fan/light only to find upon my return that the little woman thought she would help me by removeing the old switch and bulb socket plate without labeling old wires. So here is my...

View more questions Search