Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brookeleigh Posts: 119, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Need a workout plan
    Well I just started to work at Togos (sandwhich shop) and I seem like Ive been gaining a little weight which is strange because Im moving alllll the time, I mean you really do have to work hard.
    In the morning I always have a little snack and usually have lunch around 1 or 2 whenever I get a lunch break and eat a little later around 6.
    But I don't eat fast food, just sandwhiches and soups. That's why I don't understand this? I need to figure out a plan I can do maybe health or workout.. whichever to make me tone up a little bit! Help please! Thanksss! :)

By the way, my hours are 10am-4pm
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 03:54 AM
    Well you food intake sounds OK.

A good way to get toned and in shape

Cardio for 15mins Warm up

Weight training..
    Day 1 chest and arms. 3 sets of 12 reps end it off with 30mins of cardio
    Day 2 Back and Legs. 3 sets of 12 reps end it off with 30 minutes of cardio
    Day 3 Cardio . 45mins and Abbs
    Day 4 Cardio and abbs
    Day 5 Cardio

2 days off :)

Now that's a pretty easy 3 step way of getting in shape as long as you watch what you eat while your not in the gym

I know there's a lot of cardio in here but you lose the weight really fast :)

By the way if your straped for time. Just do 25 minutes of cardio and some weights if you can :)

You'll lose about 10 to 15 pounds in 1 month
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Even before you commence a workout plan, you need to get your diet sound, and in check. What you explained doesn't seem TOO bad, but you need to give more specific details on what you eat.

First, keep your carbs earlier in the day. If you are on the go go go, then you'll need the energy during the day, NOT at night. So on that note, stay away from carbs at night, since your energy expenditure is A lot lower then.

You mentioned soups. Some soups contain high levels of sodium, and of course as we all know, salt/sodium will make you retain water. Maybe the weight you feel you have gained isn't fat weight. Carbs will ALSO make you retain water. Not a lot of people know this... Every gram of carbohydrate carries 3 molecules of water. A little bit of water weight will definitely "smooth" you out and take away that toned look.

I would also suggest eating more frequently during the day. The 3-square meals-a-day theory is GONE. Have smaller meals at each sitting, and eat 5 times a day. They can be 3 small meals and 2 snacks, but constantly feeding the body is key. Digesting food INCREASES your metabolism. Your body requires energy to digest food... so if you're always eating, your body always needs energy... and where will your body get it? From your fat stores. Try getting in a good breakfast at the beginning of your day and kickstart your metabolic furnace...

On a personal note, as a bodybuilder, I eat 7 large meals per day, every 3 hours approx and my fat levels are VERY low! I am NOT taking any "diet pills" or stimulants of any sort right now, but my diet is sound, and I incorporate 4 to 5 one-hour workouts per week... even my cardio is LOW! Modify your diet first, then go from there... Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What workout? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the middle of an inactive winter compared to my active summers and have put on a winter coat of fat! I'm joining a gym tomorrow and want to know what equipment/workout plan I should be using to burn as much fat as possible. I don't want to be chunky but am also very impatient and like to...

Ab workout. [ 1 Answers ]

I go to the gym everyday and I'm trying to get a six pack or at least a little more cut. Im 5'9" and weight 152. I was wondering are there any other workouts I can do to get the six pack or become more cut? I don't eat much and if I do I run a half a mile before I work out anyway so I can get my...

Workout plan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 5'9" and weight about 155 and I was wondering what are some different workout plans so I can bulk up and get a more distinguished body. I mostly want bigger pecks. And I was wondering how much protein I should take. Thanks

Right workout [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a workout that reduces love handles? If so can you please share the secret!

AB Workout [ 2 Answers ]

What's a good ab workout video? I just had a baby...

View more questions Search