Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mercadowo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2014, 04:04 PM
    Two bonds have the following terms: Bond A Bond B Principal $1,000 Principal $1,000
    Two bonds have the following terms:

Bond A Bond B
    Principal $1,000 Principal $1,000
    Coupon 8% Coupon 7.6%
    Maturity 10 years Maturity 10 years

Bond B has an additional feature: It may be redeemed at par after 5 years (i.e. it has a put feature). Both bonds were initially sold for their face amounts (i.e. $1,000).

a) If interest rates fall to 7%, what will be the price of each bond?
    b) If interest rates rise to 9%, what will be the decline in the price of each bond from the initial price?
    c) Given your answers to questions (a) and (b), what is the trade-off implied by the put option in bond B?
    d) Bond B requires the investor to forgo $4 a year (i.e. $40 if the bond is in existence for 10 years). If interest rates are 8%, what is the present value of this forgone interest? If the bond had lacked the put feature but had a coupon of 7.6% and a term to maturity of 10 years, it would sell for $973.16 when interest rates were 8%. What, then, is the implied cost of the put option?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 4, 2014, 07:51 PM
    No homework answers ln this site. Post your work and we will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assume that you are considering the purchase of a $1,000 par value bond that pays int [ 0 Answers ]

Assume that you are considering the purchase of a $1,000 par value bond that pays interest of $70 each six months and has 10 years to go before it matures. If you buy this bond, you expect to hold it for 5 years and then sell it in the market. You currently require a nominal annual rate of 16...

$50,000 bond, will this ever end? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I said I would keep you all posted on what happened with my probation. Well, I thought everything was OK... but I was WRONG. I had called the police station in TN and they told me I didn't have a warrant out for me.. . Ill back track, I am from SC, got a DUI in TN when my then...

View more questions Search