Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 7, 2014, 11:37 AM
    Forgot Some Simple Math
    If I buy 1000 shares and it cost me 6.00 per share and 15.00 commission, what is the formula that would tell me, I had to sell it for to break even. Can't seem to work it out using a ratio. One time I was good at math but those days are long gone. Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 7, 2014, 12:00 PM
    Your purchase cost is 1000 x $6 + $15 = $6015. Assuming a selling commission of $15, you would have to sell at ($6015+$15)/1000 = $6.03 per share to break even.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 7, 2014, 01:16 PM
    Thanks, Very Simple, but I have not been using my head for a long time so "if you don't use it, you lose it". Thanks to mind numbed computer life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Math, building a simple non-linear function [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I´m trying to build a function which is the inverse function of f= -1/(1 exp(b)) 1/(1 exp(b-2*b*h^n)). Where b and n are constants to fit the function to a curve of data. The look of function f should be attached. So the range of the plot is f(0)=0 , f(0.5)= close to 0.5 and f(1)=1 , and...

What to do when a teenager cannot perform simple math? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a cousin that is 16 years old, and cannot do simple math. She was over on Friday and we went grocery shopping, I was figuring out individual prices of something, for example 3 items for $7. I did the math in my head. She was shocked, so I started to test her. She doesn't know how to do...

Simple math, not for me [ 1 Answers ]

OKay, so I'm trying to figure this problem out and it's been giving me problems. Yes, it's easy for a lot of people, but me not so much ha ha (-3xy^4)(-4x^3y^6)

Simple math? [ 2 Answers ]

please help me to understnd: 908 divided N= 9.08 and 20.01 divided N = 0.2001 thank you

Simple math child support [ 2 Answers ]

My ex hid his financial records during our divorce and told that court I stole them and he was but a poor victim. I had no way of proving his income. Therefore he was ordered 334.00 per child {2} per month. Absolutely not fair with his HUGE income, but I'm a big girl and really its worth it to...

View more questions Search