Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debedeb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Credit
    We have bad credit. It took us 7 years to build our credit from the last business breakdown. Just as we did, hurricane Ivan hit, prices went crazy, and bonus pay and raises went out the door.
    Our credit score is 585 I have no idea how or what effect our score mostly. Sadly, I am afraid at mid-age, we will not have time to fix it. Loss of our home, job, to later be replaced with a better paying job, then still too late to catch up debt.

What can someone like us do to fix our credit score at a faster pace? I am sure our home will soon go on to eat a few more numbers tool...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Here is a site that does a fairly good job of explaining them.

Your Credit Score: Understanding All 3 FICO Credit Scores | myFICO

But yeah.. you are going to have to get that up a lot higher before a bank is going to talk to you for a loan or refinance.

There is a link on the left side that says "improving my score"... click on that after reading the home page.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 01:03 AM
    Bad credit mostly only hurts if you borrow money, borrowing and not repaying is what hurts and gets you bad credit.

If you save money, do not borrow, then you have no need for a credit score really. Really time and proper use of credit is only thing that will repair a score
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2013, 08:18 AM
    It affects more than just your ability to borrow money and how much you pay for the priveledge... its a factor in what you pay for insurance, all kinds of insurance... if you can even get certain jobs... and manuy more things.

Because how you treat your credit speaks volumes about how you live your life.. and the choices you make. As well as the quality of those choices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Main street sueing for credit card debt no longeron any credit report [ 1 Answers ]

Can main street sue for credit card debt no longer on any of my credit reports. No listing of any accts they listed on suit.

Credit Card debt, deffense when credit is cut off without notice and bank sues? [ 1 Answers ]

Had 8 credit cards with all balances less than 50% and most banks cut off the lines to balances owed. I was never late on a payment and the accounts were very seasoned. We used the line to keep our business running. Some were corporate but all were guaranteed by me personally. I quit paying...

Can credit union repo car because I am 4 months deliquent on credit card they issued me? [ 5 Answers ]

Can my credit union repo my car because I am several (3 or 4) months delinquent on my credit card from the same credit union? I have been on time on my car payment and they are refusing to post my car payment to my car loan because I am delinquent on my credit card. They are threatening to repo my...

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search