Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArpiAnalytics Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 11:44 PM
    Owners Equity
    I am from Engineering background and studying finance for GE Analytics.
    Wanted to know in layman :D terms how would you define Owners Equity with a suitable example :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Owner's Equity is total assets minus total liabilities.

For a company, it's also called net worth, shareholders' equity or net assets.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 09:20 PM
    If Rick is going to give such wonderful answers, what do I need to post for?

Ah, I know.

The basic accounting formula is:

ASSETS = Liabilities = Owner's Equity

Assets are things like cash, car, house, debts that people owe you.

Liabilities are things like your phone bill, or loans people have made to you.

Owner's Equity is what you are worth once you pay all of your liabilities. So Assets – Liabilities = Owner's Equity

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling on all Honda Accord owners from 2003 on! [ 45 Answers ]

I know that many of you have had a problem with the radio. This is something that will be covered by the coporate office of Honda through Customer/Client Relations Dept. However, I am writing to find out how many people have a problem with the panel portion of the car, and in particular all...

Great Dane owners... [ 9 Answers ]

I always wanted to have a Great Dane. But need to know how they interact with children. We have 3 small children at home ages 4, 6 and 8. I was concerned that if we adopted a small breed dog, that one of the kids might accidentally hurt it by falling on it. I've heard that the Danes have great...

Co-owners in disagreement [ 3 Answers ]

When my father died he left his house to myself and his girlfriend. She lives in the house and she is the only one on the mortgage which she is in default on. I want her to sell the house and she refuses. I am worried about the bank taking the house. Can this happen? What can I do leagally to...

View more questions Search