Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    posheak Posts: 51, Reputation: -1

Nov 15, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Average holiday spending $ ?
    Just read an article (actually 2) this morning that said the average amount spent on holiday gifts is $1,000. Fyi - both articles were referring to the 20 & 30 something age group.

I don't think I spend nearly that much, but I'm going to review last year's spending to be sure that I didn't just fib.

Just curious to see what others thought about this statistic?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2006, 09:28 AM
    From what I know I'd guess it to be accurate for an average.

Remember that once you throw kids into the mix, then the number goes way up... especially when they get to the age that the stuff they want is expensive (xbox, mp3 player, bicycle, etc) :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Yep normally we go over it by a bit, ( so I guess that pays the average for the perosn who does not.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting holiday gifts for persons of other religions [ 9 Answers ]

Okay I know I have made fun of them but I have An aunt, uncle, and three cousins who are Jehovas witnesses. I know they don't celebrate santa and all that stuff. Isn't there some way I can get something for them that won't offend or start a war?

Spending a year in the us [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where the best skateboarding communities are in the US? We may have a chance of spending a year there and as our son is a keen skateboarder we would like to choose somewhere that would suit him as well as us.

Average Lifespan [ 11 Answers ]

What is the average lifespan of a human? What is the average lifespan of an American? I'm not talking about death by natural causes. I know those numbers. But I also know that the majority of people (including Americans) don't make it to 40. Does anyone know what the real average lifespan is?...

Fav Holiday Destination [ 17 Answers ]

Ok all, Never started a thread like this and it has probably been done but just thought id ask. What is everyone's favourite holiday destination in the world. Ill start. Im from oz and it is long way to the travel anywhere but I've been lucky enough to do a bit. Mainly Europe and Asia.

View more questions Search