Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OpenYourMindPlz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 01:09 AM
    How To GET Credit?
    I'm 18 years old and I have no type of credit. I was looking to get a loan so I can pay for some of my college, but I have no clue how to build credit and that's one thing they make sure you have before they give you any of their money, so can anyone help me out?
    ruthietoothie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 03:31 AM
    Hey~You can always apply for pre-paid credit card, with a limit of however much you deposit onto it. Then go shopping! And when they send you the bill, PAY IT! All of it. Do this a few times, then only pay a portion of the next bill, but above the monthly minimum. Anyone can get these cards, you just generally need $200 to start. This is an excellent way to build credit. Then, get a cell phone. Shop around; if they ask for a deposit, the amount will vary widely by company. Sign a year contract, and when the bill comes, PAY IT! After that, try for a cheap-o used car. Something you can get financed easily, a 2000 dollar car. Pay off the loan, on time, and you will have the beginnings of stellar credit~with which you may drown yourself in mortgages and car payments for all eternity. Amen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Credit Where Credit Is Due [ 6 Answers ]

I have a small problem. I have a database that I like, but my boss (URRG):mad: wants to give the database to another est. of ours. I know they are going to need to change certain items, so they are going to need Admin access to the database, but I need a way to be able to stamp my name in it, so...

Credit fraud? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife recently told me she doesn't want to be married anymore and I can accept that. I also found out she took out a half dozen credit cards in my name and charged up to $25,000.00. Even though we are still married is there any legal action I can take in the state of New Jersey.

Credit cards [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me if there is a credit card that does not charge for transferring balances from another card

New educator credit [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know if the new educator expense adjustment, line 23, can be used by somebody teaching in an adult GED program? Frankly it is just one more bit of garbage added to the disgusting mess we call the income tax. At the most, it will only mean $125 to a few couples. Anybody that...

View more questions Search