Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LISA KANOO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Basi and Diluted eps
    In the calculation of the basic and diluted eps does the following get treated as partly paid
    Shares? And for the calcultion of the weighted average what date is used?

20,000,000 $3 ordinary shares were issued on 15 April 2009, payable $2 on allotment. A call of .50cents per share was made 1 March 2010 for which all call monies were received. A further call of .50 cents was made 1 March 2011, with all call monies due on 1 April 2011 being received.

Iwould personally treated as partly paid shares and use the 1 march 2010 as the stating ddate for the weighted average. But not too sure. Any help would be great.
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Sep 12, 2009, 09:58 AM

You do have a point there Lisa. I am not absolutely sure about the treatment of partly paid shares. However, if we just concentrate on the formula for calculating the EPS, the denominator states the number of shares issued and outstanding which may suggest that it is immaterial whether the shares are fully or partly paid. I would therefore include the 20 million shares issued in the denominator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diluted Earnings [ 1 Answers ]

I have to figure the diluted earnings per share. I have a formula to use, but I am not sure how to find weighted average of potential common shares. I also can't figure out how to determine preferred dividends. Please help.

Diluted Stocks [ 1 Answers ]

Need more help... it is very appreciated. A Corp. has outstanding 125,000 shares of common stock and 7,500 share of noncumulative, 8 percent, $50 par preferred stock. Each preferred share is convertible into 8 shares of common stock. Net income was $231,500. Compute basic and diluted earnings...

View more questions Search