Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Farousi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 01:51 AM
    How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet
    Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial statement will issue . The company will be owned by both of them 50%.

After 15 months the company made good profit and as agreed the loan paid back to the partner dhs 175000.

How can I record the loan and what should I put in partners' current account and capital account in trial balance and balance sheet?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 04:46 AM

If after the loan is repaid,
    The balance is the net profit left over.
    This should be divided by two.
    Every partner will then get his share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prepare a balance sheet referring a trial balance [ 5 Answers ]

How to prepare a balance sheet from a trial balance ? Can anybody help me by giving An example Regards alanani

Ledger, trial balance, balance sheet [ 5 Answers ]

hello, I have problem with my assignment. Can anyone help me with one question? I have to prepare journals, ledger, trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet. Jan 6 Bought spare parts on credit 27000 cash sale 62500 Jan 7 charged Moji for repairs 5000 sold spare parts to Koba on...

Creating balance sheet from trial balance [ 10 Answers ]

I am having issues getting a balance sheet to come out right from the given data from a trial balance. Can anyone help me out with this? I have included a picture of what I am working on...

Making a balance sheet from a trial balance. [ 1 Answers ]

I have come up with the attached balance sheet so far from the trial balance, but as it can obviously be seen it does not balance. I'm not sure where to go from here or where I made a mistake. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Trial Balance and Balance Sheet of an airline company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get the idea about the trial balance andbalance sheet of an airline company. Can any one help me with that? Thanks, Shanthi

View more questions Search