Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tburd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 09:16 PM
    In need of assistance
    Hi I'm new to this. I'm 25, married, and have a 5 year old little girl. Hard working (60+) hours a week and I can not seem to get ahead at all. I'm renting and am struggling to pay off old debt as well as current bills. I can't afford to pay off everything and survive. I have gotten local assistance from some charities but can't get on government assistance as my husband and I gross too much of an income. It's very frustrating to be in this position and I'm not sure if there are grants or other means of getting help out there. Any answers to this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:18 PM
    I know this could solve only one problem, but have you checked into getting Section 8 housing? They adjust your rent to your income. My husbands sister is on that program and pays less than 200 dollars per month for rent :)
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Hi have you heard of centerlink it's a place where if you are having financial trouble no matter what it is they will help buy giving you so much money a fortnight I'm on it it helps out a lot there is a site if you want to check it out go to Index of /
    dollface_93 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Oct 12, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Hi, have you tried consolodating your debts, I highly suggest this, my mother had tons of debt and just kept getting further behind on all of them being a single woman, she couldn't afford to pay all of them every month, so she checked into consolidation, they take all her debt and work out something with all her debts and now she pays one payment of 329 each month. So now she even has $ to save! Just a thought

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical assistance [ 2 Answers ]

How to change a light kit pull chain switch from a ceiling fan?

KISSES assistance [ 2 Answers ]

I went to my frshman/sophmore dance. There was this really cute guy not dancing with anyone and he is in my English class. I pulled him onto the dance floor and we were really dancing (think a modernized dirty dancing). He started pulling me really close to him as the song got closer to the end....

View more questions Search