Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Am4nd4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Accounting Problem in regards to profit. PLEASE HELP!
    I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track for this question The information along with the question is as follows: Training Revenue (200 x 20 x $300) $1,200,000 Less Expenses: Trainer costs (200 x 2 x $1500) 600,000 Manager’s Salary 120,000 Training officer 90,000 Administrative staff 80,000 Utilities/phone costs 20,000 Manuals for participants 120,000 Advertising costs 125,000 Postage & other miscellaneous costs 9,450 Total expenses $ 1,164,450 Income from operations $35,550 Common Allocated costs (10% of revenue) 120,000 Net Income or (loss) $(84,450) The question is: What would be the effect on the profit of the whole company, if the Training Centre was closed at the beginning of the new year? Note :If the Training Centre is closed, one administrative staff will be retained to work in the Career Services department. This is what I have come up with as an answer and wanted to see if I was on the right track: It would affect the following costs: Allocated costs (120,000) Income from Operations (35,550) 120,000 + 35,550 = 155,550 Therefore if the Training Centre was closed at the beginning of the year their profit would decrease by $155,550. Is this answer correct? If not how do I go about solving this? Thanks in advance!

Check out some similar questions!

Not-for-profit accounting [ 1 Answers ]

A city engages in the following transactions seen below. For each transaction indicate the amount of revenue or expenditure that it should report in 2011. Assume first that the main objective of the financial statements is to enable users to assess budgetary compliance. Then calculate the amounts,...

Not for profit accounting homework free help? [ 1 Answers ]

Q.) From the following Receipts and Payments a/c of Stars Cricket Club,prepare an Income & Expenditure a/c for the year ending 31st March,2008 and the Balance Sheet as at that date: RECEIPT & PAYMENT A/C 31-March,2008 Receipts Balance b/d -2,850...

Help Accounting, Gross Profit (Loss) Report [ 0 Answers ]

I have to use the percentage of completion and the completion of work method You are a fresh accounting graduate. You have landed a job with a big 3 accounting firm. The first day at your job, your manager approaches you: "Hi Bill! Welcome aboard. Hope you like your new cubicle. Have you met...

Not for Profit Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started working with a not for profit organization to help get the accounting in better shape. I have only a rudimentary knowledge of accounting but have the time and educational experience to come up to speed eventually. The paid workers in our organization are actually employees...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.