Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john adam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 12:13 PM
    how to find paid in capital excess commonstock par value
    I try to find the answer to it, but some how I got it wrong, the question is that the company had 1,300,000 shares of $5 par common stock issued and outstanding on December 31, 06
    And there is transaction during 2007:
    On June 8, 2007 declared a cash dividend of $1.20 per share on the common stock outstanding, payable on July 10, 2007.
    On feb. 8, 2007 reacquired 15,000 shares of its common stock for $11 per share.

So how do we find the paid in capital excess common stock

Thank for you time, and help
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 10:32 AM

There isn't anything in that information that you could use to figure out PIC, nor is there anything there that indicates to me that there definitely even is any PIC.

The "excess" means excess over par value, which is $5 per share. So if you issued stock at $7 per share, you had a $2 per share excess. There's nothing in the problem about issuing any stock and that's the only way to get excess over par. There might be some already on the books, but it would have to give you that number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par Value [ 5 Answers ]

A corporation has the following account balances: Common Stock, $1 par value, $20,000; Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par Value, $900,000. Based on this information, the a. legal capital is $920,000 b. number of shares issued is 20,000 c. number of shares outstanding is 920,000 d. average...

Capital Gains Tax [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of selling some dirt (125K Worth) off a piece of land that has been in my family for some time. It is a one time deal that came around by accident. Is it earned income or can it be considered capital gains?

How can I cash out excess money I paid on my credit card [ 2 Answers ]

I like to keep a zero balance on my credit cards thus pay off the amount in full. I recently had some refunds on items purchased so my credit balance is negative. If I take a cash withdrawal on the credit card -- will they still charge a fee? I want to cash out the money since I want to close the...

View more questions Search