Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    essy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Wedding portfolio
    HELP!
    What would you like to see in a wedding planners portfolio?
    I do not want to over load my perspective clients but need to know tnat I have put enough information.
    Would really appreciate any responses, thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 11:00 AM
    I would do a page of training, credentials, testimonies or references.
    Include photos of the weddings

Here is a site that might help you with some ideas
    Guide to Become a Wedding Planner
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 03:31 AM
    It really would be helpful to know what you are able to provide for weddings in order to give you the best answers here.

Thanks!
    essy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
    I am able to provide the services required for weddings, ie: venues, cakes, transport you name it and I am able to provide the service.
    I feel it is a wedding planners job to be able to do all that the bride and groom would normally achieve themselves, but as life is so stressful, then a wedding planner like myself can step in and help.
    As I am just starting, it is hard to produce weddings I have achieved or things like that, as I am new to this! I just wondered if anyone knew how it is best to layout a portfolio for this job, as I don't want to bombard my prospective clients with an overload of information, but also know I need to put enough in it to show what I am capable of achieving on their behalf.
    If you can help with any ideas or now how this type of portfolio is laid out, I would be grateful for any help.
    Thanks everyone :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2008, 02:14 AM
    The following answer is one that I posted on another link of this site for someone else. Below, is the link to it. I have edited it somewhat and left out the links that no longer seem to work. Hopefully, all of the links posted still work!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weddings/wedding-planner-portfolio-88210.html

I began by writing something very long in response to your question. But, then decided to go a different route. I have been involved mainly in the music part of weddings because of having been in the church music field for over 36 years. Have also done my share in helping couples to plan their weddings, since the music person is one of the principal contacts, especially if there is going to be much music before, during and after the ceremony. And, at the reception..

I know exactly what you mean by not wanting to put too much information in your portfolio. GiviI began by writing something very long in response to your question. But, then decided to go a different route. I have been involved mainly in the music part of weddings because of having been in the church music field for over 36 years. Have also done my share in helping couple to plan their weddings, since the music person is one of the principal contacts, especially if there is going to be much music before, during and after the ceremony. And, at the reception..

I know exactly what you mean by not wanting to put too much information in your portfolio. Giving out too much information, at the onset of consultation with your potential clients, can be overwhelming to them and make you appear to be unprofessional.

So, I went looking for some sites of wedding planners to see what they have on their sites. Information that they have on their sites are what could certainly be considered to be their portfolios. I hope that you can find some help on the following sites in determining what to put in your own portfolio.

By the way, I think that calling yourself "Wedding Angel" would be a good title for yourself.

Contact Us

http://www.freewebs.com/dreameventsmgmt/services.htm

Iowa Wedding Vendors - Professional Recommendations

Weddings & Honeymoon Planning, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Favors, Destination Weddings at Wedding Solutions

tbw_hou_home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forming a portfolio [ 1 Answers ]

The standard deviation of expected returns for investments X and Y equal 20% and 22% respectively. The correlation between returns for X and Y is .40. Find the combination of X and Y that yield the minimum risk portfolio. If your objective is to form a portfolio with these two securities that is...

Portfolio of options [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I'd like some help on my class presentation. The question is 'build a portfolio of purely options position'. I'm entirely sure what is required as this topic hasn't been covered yet. Could someone clarify or point me to some links? Thanks.. any help at all would be appreciated! ...

View more questions Search