Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    potentliquid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Adjusting Entry for Depreciation?
    I have an unadjusted trial balance as of Dec. 31, 2010 showing Accumulated Depreciation as a credit balance = $6,375
    The accumulated depreciation is for Furniture and Equipment = $85,000

The adjusting entry note given is: The cost of the furniture and equipment are being amortized in equal amounts over a 10-year period. Assume no residual value at the end of useful life.

Therefore, over 10 years, depreciation = $8,500/ year

I now am preparing an Adjusted Trial Balance as of Dec. 31, 2010 and am having trouble deciphering this question.

I originally:
    -CR Accumulated Depreciation $8,500
    -DR Depreciation Expense $8,500

The only thing frustrating me was the original balance of 6,375 on the unadjusted trial balance. Is this supposed to be incorporated?

A.)

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting entry for depreciation [ 1 Answers ]

The equipment was purchased in 2009 and is being depreciated using the straight - line method over an eight-year useful life with no salvage value. Equipment accumulated Depreciation-equip Debit credit 75,000 Debit Credit 10,000 I am not sure if I am doing the calculation...

Adjusting entry for depreciation [ 3 Answers ]

The market value of equipment had decreased by 30% of its original cost. Depreciation for the quarter totaled 1,000.00. (The equipment acct has 15,000.00 in it) What would be the adjusting entry on September 30?

What is the adjusting entry for depreciation? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the adjusting entry on 12/31/95 for annual depreciation as a % cost for building 3%; equipment 12% ? Unadjusted trial balance: Db Building 144,000 Cr accumlated depr. Building 16,200 Db Equipment 58,000 Cr accumlated depre. 13,920

Depreciation in an adjusting entry [ 2 Answers ]

If the estimated depreciation for office equipment were $42,000, what would the adjusting entry contain? I thought u would credit Depreciation Expense, Office Equipment for 42000, but I don't know if that is right?? The other choices are You could credit to accumulated depreciation,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.