Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1lonly Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 03:05 PM
    What to wear?
    I always dress with black and I want to change but I don't feel good wearing another colors what can I do
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Oct 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Two ideas:
    One: Add black with other colors. Like if you have a black jacket or button up shirt wear another colored shirt underneath. If you wear it with jeans it will look like you're not trying to wear all black (unless the jacket is a trenchcoat, that still wouldn't look right) And if you want to wear a black shirt try wearing a pair of kaki's with it, this way it off sets the color.

Two: Sell all clothing at yard sale and go out and buy new clothing with no black. This would force you to wear other colors. (I think the first one's better, I hate selling clothing myself)

Black is a color (well... shade), not a lifestyle or emotion so try not to think of it as one.
    Have fun with your clothing, black is a good color it can look great if you wear it right.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Start by purchasing a pair of brown, grey, and navy slacks(and/or skirts) to go with any black slacks you already have. Then, purchase a light pink top, a white top, and a light blue top.

Purchase a navy blazer and a black blazer if you don't have the black one

There you have the "bones" of the start of a wardrobe that is easy to mix and match. Have a nice leather belt and leather shoes.

Good Luck!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Pretty much like the others said, start by adding color to the clothes you already have.
    Like add a deep colored (navy or purple or hunter green) jacket to a black dress or pants.

Add a bright multi colored scarf to any outfit.

Wear a white shirt with a black skirt or pants suit.

Try adding colorful jewelry as well.
    As you get more comfortable wearing a colorful accessory or jacket keep adding another color.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 01:24 AM
    I used to be the same just gradually introduce new colour push yourself out of the comfort zone. Just try not to be put off when someone says "OMG she's wearing colours!!!!"

I started by adding greys and then reds and purples because they look good with black. Sometimes I'll even wear pink now so you see they is hope for us all.

And if you try colur and just don't get on with it don't worry you can never wear too much black really... Just be yourself and do what you want ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What swimwear should I wear? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 5'4" and 105 lbs. 36-26-34. (chest-waist-hips). Long legs. We were planning to go on vacation in a beach. I was wondering what swimsuit is best for my body. I was thinking of wearing a string bikini top with a boyleg bottom. But I've got problem on my tummy. I gave birth abouth 8months ago....

What do I wear to this wedding? [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to a 6:30 p.m. December wedding in Charleston, SC, that is black tie/evening dress unifrom invited. What kind of dress should I wear?

What should I wear for the prom? [ 12 Answers ]

So I don't know what dress colour I should wear for the next prom in July. I have a pale skin tone, chestnut brown eyes and dark brown hair. Can you suggest some suitable colours that match this description?? Please?? :confused:

WHY do women wear makeup? [ 17 Answers ]

Why do we wear makeup? Why can't you leave in the morning without makeup? I personally can't go out without makeup although I don't absolutely need it. Just share your reasons. It would be interesting... Thanks

What and how to wear? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm turning 18 next week and I'd like to wear a dress but my problem is that I have really big hips as that's gentetic in my family and I have a belly too, what dress styles and colurs would go with my figure without drawing too much attention to my stomach and hips? Write back Thank you...

View more questions Search