Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    maritza041080's Avatar
    maritza041080 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 9, 2011, 09:13 AM
    What rights does a father who doesn't have a place to live have?
    My son's father recently lostt his home. It was condemned due to flood damage and he usually picks him up every other weekend, to sleep over. But if he doesn't have a place for my son to sleep. Then do I have to allow him to pick him up still?
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Sep 9, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Is he sleeping in a car or does he have other usual housing arraingments even if temporary?
    maritza041080's Avatar
    maritza041080 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 9, 2011, 09:23 AM
    I believe he may be staying with family members, but he has 4 other children with him and his girlfriend.
    excon's Avatar
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

    Sep 9, 2011, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by maritza041080 View Post
    Then do I have to allow him to pick him up still?
    Hello m:

    It's not really a matter of his RIGHTS, but your OBLIGATIONS. Indeed, you DO have to allow him to pick up his son. If you have information that your son is being mistreated, then move the court to order supervised visits or no visits at all. But, it's not your job to SPECULATE, and refuse to obey the court order based upon your conclusion.

    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

    Sep 9, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Have you considered discussing this with "your son's father". I will assume he picked your son up before when he had "4 other children and his girlfriend".
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

    Sep 9, 2011, 10:48 AM
    Handing out a negative like that is not going to get you any help here. excon never even suggested that the children were being mistreated. You didn't read carefully. You don't get to decide what a court has ordered unless/until you go back to court and prove things have changed.
    twinkiedooter's Avatar
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

    Sep 9, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Do you know for a fact where he is now living with his other family? Is it in the family car or with relatives or other housing? You just can't flatly deny him visitation due to him not having a permanent home to take care of him during visitation. If he comes to you and says right now I don't have any permanent place to take Johnny to right now and could I forego this week's visitation due to that, that is a different matter but if he has not stated this to you - you can't just deny his visitation with his son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Without a parenting plan in place, what rights does a father have? [ 4 Answers ]

There is currently not a parenting plan in place but child support was established through the courts. My child's mother recently went to rehab for drugs and alcohol addiction. As a result of this, my child was taken to the grandmothers house instead of allowing me as the father to take care of...

What rights does my unborn child's father have if we live in 2 separate countries? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently pregnant and having a hard time with the baby's father.he lives in america and I live in planning on splitting up with him and disappearing with the baby.does he have any rights to find me once the child is born?

How can I give up my father rights.. baby momma is a lazy.. I live in California [ 2 Answers ]

OK I live in California.. I have a 2 year old daughter I see her 2-3 times a month I have child support at the time but I don't have a job because no ones hiring... she don't work because she gets money from the state... but that's going to come out my pocket when I get a job.. how can I give up my...

What rights does a father who doesn't live with the child have? [ 22 Answers ]

Okay... I recently just broke up with my boyfriend who just so happens to be my daughter's father. At first, he didn't claim our daughter because his family didn't want to claim her because his family wanted all the attention to be on their new baby. He stated before getting his paternity test that...

View more questions Search