Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mrswest26's Avatar
    mrswest26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 29, 2015, 03:07 PM
    What is the rights of my children?
    I was married to American from Florida for almost 7 yrs . Legally married in Cebu Minglanila Court. I have a complete document from NSO. We have two boys - ages are 3 and 5 yrs old. We are currently residing here in Bangkok for Almost 5 yrs .He leave us here in overseas and stating that I am living with other men. Yet, its more likely easy to say the wife is cheating than telling what was the truth of the story.

    To make the story short. I received a lot of messages from concern friends and telling that my ex husband is completely denied his children with me. The two boys have not yet report of birth in America.

    Right now, I have no zero contacts on him as he does not want to speak with me. We do not have any closure at all as he only leaves that day without any word..

    About my ex husband history - he was 4th times divorce and before the day he left us, I been pushing him to give me the 4th decree of divorce paper from the 4th wife or even just a name of his 4th wife but he answered me " I do not know the name". He is making check $1400 per month from his disability check while still working teaching online to ESL company in China. He is planning to go to China.

    About me- I have illegitimate child but never been have a previous marriage but only him.

    My question:

    What is the rights of my children - the two boys?
    What is the grounds to get hold of him?
    Can the government law can manage to make him report the birth of the child?

    I am in dead end ways as I am living in Thailand with my children. We been abandoned here. What is my options?

    What are the legal advice?
    I want to punish him for doing so, seems he was been doing this for a decades? This need to stop.
    AK lawyer's Avatar
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977

    Jan 29, 2015, 03:29 PM
    ... My question:

    What is the rights of my children - the two boys?
    What is the grounds to get hold of him?
    Can the government law can manage to make him report the birth of the child?
    It's not a good idea to add your question to an old thread such as this.

    To summarize, you are in Thailand, and the father of your children, an American, has abandoned you and the children. Perhaps someone else can give you advice on Thai law.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 29, 2015, 04:31 PM
    You need to consult a local attorney. While it is probable that the US will acknowledge the legality of your marriage, I would not be shocked if he lied and the marriage is illegal. However the children are his and there is a good probability a court will award you support for them. The problem will be collecting that support. If you cannot find him, if he is earning money that can't be attached at the source, you will find it very hard to collect.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,687, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Jan 30, 2015, 03:08 PM
    The OP mention that the husband is on disability. If it is ssdi then the children may be able to recieve a benefit from the claim. So long as the children are legal children of the husband.

    Social Security Disability Benefits Available to Children | Disability Secrets

    Social Security Dependents Benefits

    Children, disabled or not, can qualify for Social Security benefits if their parent, adoptive parent, or stepparent is receiving Social Security retirement or disability benefits (SSDI) or was entitled to one of these benefits before they died. When a child collects benefits based on the Social Security record of the parent, they are known as auxiliary benefits, or dependents benefits. In some cases, a grandchild or stepgrandchild can also be eligible for dependents benefits (if there is no living parent).
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 31, 2015, 03:01 AM
    Since you have birth records, you can go to the American Embassy and register the children and arrange paper work for them.

    Collecting any child support will be almost impossible because this involved many
    Nations. As noted, you may, because you have proof, he is father, be able to get some SSI benefits for the children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's Rights [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Does my mother have the right not to tell me the name of my biological father?

Children with children Rights [ 1 Answers ]

What age can a minor legally leave home age 16teen with a child living in Hawaii?

Rights to see children [ 2 Answers ]

Rights and Children [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... How long does a non-custodial parent have to stay away before it's considered abandonment? Any answers greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search