I am in SC. The mother and child are in FL. I was served with papers that I am the father of a child that's 12 years old in FL. The mother is asking for child support retroactive back to the date of birth.

1. Can they ask for 12 years of retroactive in FL?
2. I am married and have 3 children with my wife. Will this be taken into account when they determine the amount that I will have to pay?
3. What's the maximum percentage of income can they take from me?
4. Does it have to go through my employer for direct payment?

Any help would be appreciated. Also anything else that I may not have thought of would be appreciated as well.