Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    2less's Avatar
    2less Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 2, 2008, 03:07 PM
    What if I am not Bio Parent and I relinquish my parental rights
    What if I am not the bio parent and I want to relinquish my parental rights. My x-wife is accepting money from the girls fathers... yes "we" have 2 daughters and she is accepts money from their fathers. She takes vacations with them, accepts gifts from them for the girls. And I am stuck with the bill and jail time. What can I do?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,304, Reputation: 7692

    Apr 2, 2008, 03:14 PM
    If you are not the bio father you should not owe or have any responsibility.

    Why are you paying child support, did you allow your name to be put on the birth certificate??

    Depending on the state you live in, you will need to file a motion in court to prove you are not the father.

    You can not just relinquish any rights, ( that does not stop child support anyway)
    GV70's Avatar
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

    Apr 2, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2less
    My husband has been jailed for failure of child support. His x wife has contacted AG's office in TX.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2less
    My x wife has requested through the ag's office in texas for me to relinquish rights to the 2 girls...
    And now what...
    GV70's Avatar
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

    Apr 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
    :D ha-ha: Who you are-the ex-husband or the new wife:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish Parental Rights [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son that I have had custody of, he has been ticketed and arrested 3 times in the past 4 months for drug usage and has had my now 10 year old try marijuana, I have sent him to live with Dad since this last arrest. I do not want my son to return to my home, I am afraid my...

Relinquish parent rights form [ 7 Answers ]

I divorced a cop and my life has been hell, the court system is a joke,I feel at 49 and my son is 17 in a wilderness camp. A judge told my son he did not have to go by my rules and could call his father to come get him if he wanted. I'm sorry I just don't think my son needs to smoke, drink and do...

Relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My life partner and I have been together for 23 years. We are now ready to bring a child into our lives. We have chosen a dear friend to be the donor for artificial insemination. We have asked him to relinquish all rights including financial responsibility to which he has consented. What legal...

I want to relinquish my parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

I am a man in albuquerque New Mexico who would like to give up my parental rights, is that possible?

Relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My step son-in-law says he is going to give up complete rights to his children. The mother would have sole responsibility. Can he do that in Mississippi?

View more questions Search