Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sad_father's Avatar
    sad_father Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
    What can I do to protect my children from their mother running off with them?
    My children's mother signed over temporary custody to my parents ovewr a month ago, then last week she had a disagreement with my mother and went and picked the kids up. Then she broght them to me, and ran off to spend the weekend with her new boyfriend. She has no job, and no actual address. Just stays with family or wherever. I am staying in hotel right now trying to work and get some legal issues worked out. What can I do to make sure she can't just run off with my kids.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Nov 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Was what she signed approved by a court? Did you also approve it?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Nov 12, 2011, 04:54 PM
    Temp custody is not normal and would take court hearings and approval, Is that what she did.

    Assuming you are the dad, what is the court custody orders say? If you want custody, you file in court for it. As for as running off, she with custody of the kids, can move around within state normally without having to ask your permission.

    So more info as to who has what custody from court, what custody or visits you have though court and more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I protect my children from spirits? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old little girl (she doesn't speak or talk yet) and a 4 month old little boy. My husband and I moved into our house over three years ago. During the first year we just had this 'feeling' that something was in our house. I really started having this feeling when I would be in the...

The father has custody of the children because the mother is a come and go mother, [ 9 Answers ]

And is an alcoholic, into the drug scene and sleeps around. He allows this because when she does come home, she is an "ok" mother to the kids, but because the kids cry for mom, it kills him inside. Now he is dying with cancer, and because she is the biological mom, he is adament she will get them,...

How do we protect children we have been raising for years from their ex-con parent(s) [ 3 Answers ]

We have legal guardianship of two beautiful little girls, they have been with us for 2.5 years and 1.5 years. They are biological sisters and also related to my husband. They do not know either of their biological parents. We are the only mommy and daddy that they know. Both of the girls'...

A MOTHER trying to PROTECT her family [ 4 Answers ]

Just wanted to ask if I have a year lease been in the unit for 4 months and two shootings ,my window broken out, black mold on the windows and a lot of critters (roaches-spiders)!!!! Been to the office to complain they say there doing what they can but no results so far. I am new to sc carolina so...

Please Protect Your Children... It Is Not A Thingy.. [ 1 Answers ]

:( I am really new to this site but I just read something that made me nuts. A parent referred to his or her son's penis as a thingy and was quite relieved to find out that "doing wierd things" aka masturbating did not guarantee that the five year old would grow up to be a pervert. My God there is...

View more questions Search