My ex and I split up in 2001. I was illegal in the US and she threatened to report me unless I left the country and didn't attend the court. I did not attend and had no copy of the decree until recently. She moved state and left without giving me and contact details. I found my son on Facebook a few months back and he wants contact with me. She will not allow any sort of contact between me and my son. Can I ask for my visitation rights? I have not paid child support because I did not know where my son was. I have started paying now, but I'm scared to got the US because she could get me in trouble with the law for owing back child support. I can afford to give her all that money at the moment but really want contact with my son and so does he. I need help feeling so helpless at the moment.