Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Aubs17's Avatar
    Aubs17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 17, 2018, 03:51 AM
    Is there a Philippine law that allows adult to collect unpaid support?
    My husband left me and his 2 kids for another woman 20 years ago. He never visited and never gave support of any kind. Now, he plans to file an annulment. My kids who are now adults wanted to file support and abandonment against their father. Is there a law in the Philippines that allows adult to collect unpaid child support?
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    Apr 17, 2018, 06:50 AM
    Was there an order for support established by a judge? If not, why not? Unless there was, then the adult children have NO CLAIM. Consult a lawyer for specifics, but I think it was you who had to petition the courts for child support on behalf of your children under 18.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Apr 17, 2018, 12:27 PM
    If happened 20 years ago and nothing was done then, good luck with that as I doubt you can get anything now. Adult children aren't entitled to support now as adults. If something was, YOU may have a claim, but not the kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can adult child collect back support if emancipated or married at 16? [ 2 Answers ]

Can an adult child collect back child support if they were emancipated at the age of 16? What about if they got married at 16?

How do I go about getting my child support payments to not go through support collect [ 2 Answers ]

My child support is currently collected through NYS support collections agency. I have had major issues with them. They are currently holding my child support for 30 days because they need to make "accounting adjustments" to my account. The non-custodial parent is 5 months ahead on his support...

Collect unpaid rent and vandalize the place [ 6 Answers ]

I have a rental unit which is in California. I provide trash, water and sewer. The tenant is not pay the rent since Sept, so I start the process to evict her. Within the time of the process she still stay in the unit. Now, I received my water bill which is 1450.00. She is out of my unit. I would...

Tenants' unpaid utilies on my taxes, how to collect? [ 9 Answers ]

I own rental property in Wisconsin. I had a tenant move out at the end of September. His lease stated that prior to him vacating, he would need to provide me with copies showing all of his utilities were paid. He moved out without paying. Now, $272 of his utility bill has been transferred to my...

View more questions Search