My ex is behind in child support because he has been without a job for 2-3 years. I have not reported him because "how can you get blood out of a turnip". I have been patient and do not want to see him go to jail or whatever else could happen... He is now taking me into court to lower his child support. He tells me he doesn't know what he is doing and just wants the court to sort things out and doesn't even believe he will be able to pay the reduced amount (because of not having a job). He trying to decrease the amount that accumulates so quickly in the rears. Is there a state minimum that would be imposed upon him?( and we have 2 children) He is remarried and has a child that is 1 1/2 years old and he is claiming that he is staying at home with this child.