Is there such a thing as an emergency order for child support in Florida? My son's case ex took him back to court to try to have the amount of support lowered and the judge has yet to make a ruling. It's been 6 months since the hearing - and his ex has yet to pay one dime in support. My son is about to get foreclosed on his home since he's been the sole provider for his children. (he was awarded primary custody) He has an atty. But she isn't motivated to do anything since my son still owes her $3800 out of the $35000 he's already paid her.