Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jess_jade1's Avatar
    jess_jade1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 27, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Temporary custody guardianship and relocating schools
    I am in the process of obtaining temporary guardianship of my niece. Her mother is not able to care for her due to loss of job and home, we have discussed her daughter relocating school districts as they lived 16 miles away (making it impossible to get her daughter and my own child to their schools on time) she has agreed that putting her daughter in my daughters school district is the best option for us all. I am however unaware of what the proper channels/ info and paper work is needed to complete this task. We currently have a temporary guardianship form filled out and notarized. Please give me any and all info and paper work needed to process this request!
    Thank you.
    cdad's Avatar
    cdad Posts: 12,687, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

    Oct 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
    The gaurdianship papers are a start. Do they outline for how long the gaurdianship is supposed to last? Is there a father of the child in the picture? Have any court orders been established ?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Oct 27, 2013, 05:24 PM
    The guardianship form may be sufficient. It depends on the school district. So your best bet is to ask them what documentation they need to register your niece. This will vary by school district so we really can't, definitively, answer your question.

    Clearly they will need proof that you are caring for the child with the consent of the parents. What proof they will require is up to the specific school district.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temporary guardianship.. [ 9 Answers ]

I am 16 and I am wondering where I can find potential guardians for my unborn son. I am looking for someone to take over for about a year.. I don't think my family is an option..

Independent contractor relocating for a temporary assignment [ 3 Answers ]

I work as an independent contractor (self-employed) and have been invited to enter into an 11 month contract that would require that I temporarily relocate to another state - not commuting distance. I would still maintain my primary residence, but wondered if I can deduct the cost of my lodging...

View more questions Search