Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    tinad63664's Avatar
    tinad63664 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 3, 2010, 07:52 PM
    In the state of louisana are you automatically emancipated if you have a child?
    My sons girlfriend has lived with me for 10 months and has just had their baby 7 weeks ago. My son left to go to college and she then moved back home in louisana with her mom less than a week ago. She now wants to come back to Missouri to live with me. She's only 16, does she now have to get emancipated to do this? Her mom said she has to before she will let her leave again! What are the laws in Louisana for this sittuation?
    s_cianci's Avatar
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

    Nov 4, 2010, 07:50 AM

    In most cases I don't believe that merely having a child automatically makes one emancipated. You can check the laws for Louisiana to make sure. But normally a 16-year-old single mother would still have to navigate the legal channels to be declared emancipated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Get Emancipated from My Parents in the State of Minnesota? [ 4 Answers ]

I Just Wondering How Do I Get Emancipated From My Parents In The State Of Minnesota? :(

Free advice on emancipated in the state of Indiana [ 2 Answers ]

My son is graduating this year from high school. And going to collage.has a part time job, about 30 hours a week. And is getting apartment with 2 other guys.Do I still pay child support.

Child Support Employer Obligations in Louisana and Texas? [ 6 Answers ]

My ex works in Texas. There are two offices. One in Texas and one in Louisiana. The payroll comes from Louisiana. The San Antonio disbursement unit who receives the money from the employer says that the employer is NOT allowed to do what they are doing. The Texas City office who handles the...

How to prove child is emancipated,so I can stop paying child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old child who graduated in june08.I was told by judge because of new (mass.)law I have to prove she's emancipated, in order to stop child support.She supposedly lives with her mom .doesnt go to school.I can't find any info,because she's 18(privacy laws).On court order it says I...

View more questions Search